Thread: VPS vs dedicated server

VPS vs dedicated server

Ultimately what is the difference between virtual private server and dedicated server?

Hi amir55,
    I must say that I like the analogy you used to explain the difference between shared hosting, VPS and dedicated.

I found it quite amusing but very understandable for someone that is not familiar with the differences.

█|█ iWebSource Solutions!
    █|█ LiteSpeed cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting Offsite Backups SSL Certificates
    █|█ OpenVZ Platforms KVM Virtual Servers KVM HDD Partitioning Instant Setup
    █|█ 24/7 support Live Chat Support 7 days money back Contact Us

I was about to say this is the best explanation of VPS vs Dedicated Server, but it's a spammer and a quick Google search of the words shows up all over the place...
    John Slane
    JSHosts | UK VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by JSHosts View Post
    I was about to say this is the best explanation of VPS vs Dedicated Server, but it's a spammer and a quick Google search of the words shows up all over the place...
    Where is the spam?
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu
    Shared | Reseller | VPS | Reseller VPS

I'm not with Soluslabs, but just like you a client

Quote Originally Posted by yourweb View Post
    Where is the spam?
    The post by amir55. Simply search for "A Dedicated Server is like owning and living in your own mansion" and you'll see the exact text on a lot of forums.
    John Slane
    JSHosts | UK VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by JSHosts View Post
    The post by amir55. Simply search for "A Dedicated Server is like owning and living in your own mansion" and you'll see the exact text on a lot of forums.
    I don't see any spam URL's or whatsoever in it so I leave it there
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu

Quote Originally Posted by yourweb View Post
    I don't see any spam URL's or whatsoever in it so I leave it there
    It's just the text that's been spammed all over and would usually have a spam URL in the signature. Looks like they forgot to add it this time
    John Slane
    JSHosts | UK VPS Hosting

Virtual Private server means that you can have more than one virtual server account on the same physical machine, yet it acts as if the dedicated server is yours. It depends on a dedicated server, but there may be other 4 or 5 VPSs on that same server. With VPS you are basically sharing the resources of a single dedicated between all of the VPSs hosted on it. So, depending on your needs a VPS may be better, because they are reasonably priced as compared to a dedicated server, or a Dedicated server might be better, because it is completely yours and there are no other root users.
    Last edited by KurvilDou; 09-10-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Dedicated server means that it is dedicated to the one client and it is not shared with any other client.Dedicated servers usually allow for the customer to choose what operating system is installed on it and what type of hardware are they used.Dedicated hosting server where you can find reliable options and minimize the response time for the user requests.
    Sagar

Quote Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
    Dedicated server means that it is dedicated to the one client and it is not shared with any other client.Dedicated servers usually allow for the customer to choose what operating system is installed on it and what type of hardware are they used.Dedicated hosting server where you can find reliable options and minimize the response time for the user requests.
    VPSes also allow you to choose usually any OS you want and proper VPS systems do allow you to optimise the response time. Still dedicated servers can be better if you have specific hardware needs or other requirements. In most cases a VPS fits the job and saves you money (plus it usually is more eco friendly).
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu