Thread: Confused Licensing

Confused Licensing

Hello Guys!
    I am a bit confused about your whole licensing thing, specifically the following parts

Code:
    Option 1

The First Option is an Enterprise License which allows for OpenVZ VPS to be hosted on your SolusVM Master which is known as a Virtualised Master which you can then add any number of Slaves to this Master for the different Virtualisation Types such as Xen PV, Xen HVM and so forth. The Enterprise License costs $10/month and allows for unlimited number of VPS to be hosted on your Master. To Order your Enterprise License Please see the Table Below
    Option 2

The Second Option is a Slave Only License which does not allow for OpenVZ VPS to be hosted on your SolusVM Master which is why it is known as a Slave Only License as it only manages your VPS that are hosted on your Slaves. Due to this we are able to discount this license down to $2.50/month and is perfect for installing on a VPS. To Order your Slave Only License Please see the Table
    What I simply want to know is, how much would it cost me to run the following setup:

1 Master (Like HyperVM on OpenVZ)
    6 nodes connected to that master

Also could you please explain a bit more about Xen licensing? E.g 1 master & 1 slave

Last question is that, If I use a whole dedicated server as Master Node will I be able to host VPS's on it as well like HyperVM?

P.S: If you guys simplified the licensing info on your site it would be very easier for guys to understand it.

Regards,

are the following accusations correct? http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1129564

You have two ways of setting up and they are:

Option 1)
    Install the master to a dedicated server which will allow you host OpenVZ VPS on the master.
    You can then connect a combination of 6 OpenVZ or XEN nodes to the master.
    Giving you a 7 node cluster costing $70 a month.

Option 2)
    Install the master to a VPS, this will not allow for hosting of VPS on the master.
    This give you the ability to reboot or move the master around your cluster should you need to without incurring any downtime to your clients VPS.
    You can then connect 6 nodes to the master. Giving you a 6 node cluster costing $62.50.

I personally prefer option 2 due to it's flexibility for migration between OpenVZ nodes and the ability to manage the masters resources from within SolusVM itself.

The licensing is very simple for people with entry level technical experience, which in my opinion you should already have if you intend to run VPS.

Forget about HyperVM and focus on SolusVM terms.

You will need one
    1 Master license on 1 server @ $10/month = $10/month (can host OpenVZ vps)
    6 slave-only licenses on 6 servers @ $10 month perserver = $60/Month (can host OpenVZ/XEN/KVM)
    Total $70 per Month

Of course you could lower the monthly price for slaves by purchasing the micro or mini licenses which cost less but have limited amount of VPS you can deploy on each server
    Last edited by Redinit; 15-04-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redinit View Post
    The licensing is very simple for people with entry level technical experience, which in my opinion you should already have if you intend to run VPS.

Forget about HyperVM and focus on SolusVM terms.

You will need one
    1 Master license on 1 server @ $10/month = $10/month (can host OpenVZ vps)
    6 slave-only licenses on 6 servers @ $10 month perserver = $60/Month (can host OpenVZ/XEN/KVM)
    Total $70 per Month

Of course you could lower the monthly price for slaves by purchasing the micro or mini licenses which cost less but have limited amount of VPS you can deploy on each server
    Thanks a lot for explaining that, But what is the $2.50 license for?

Regards,

2.50 is what i mentioned for a license that restricts you to only host a limited amount of VMs

Hi People,

Sorry to push in on this thread, makes more sense the starting a new one

Just so I am sure I'm buying the correct license, I'm having a separate VPS to control the node(s) the VPS wont have any VMs on it at all, so can I can buy "SolusVM Slave Only Master License" for $2.50 and then a $10 "SolusVM Enterprise Master License" for the for each node, is that correct?
    Last edited by ameharhughes; 05-05-2012 at 01:20 PM.

so can I can buy "SolusVM Slave Only Master License" for $2.50 and then a $10 "SolusVM Enterprise Master License" for the for each node, is that correct?
    You would need the $2.50 Slave only, at the point of order you need to enter how many slaves you wish to purchase at $10 each. This can be seen in the image below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slaves.png 
Views:	237 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	212

I hope this gives you the information you require.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler.

excellent, it certainly answers mine.

Thank you very much...