Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SolusVM stopping Node from rebooting?

That error doesnt mean Xen isnt running, it means you didnt install xen-tools
    yum install xen-tools

Make sure you disable SELinux
    Last edited by Redinit; 15-04-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redinit View Post
    That error doesnt mean Xen isnt running, it means you didnt install xen-tools
    yum install xen-tools

Make sure you disable SELinux
    Once I have that regular CentOS install done, what should I do after? Its nearly done installing now

Ok I got it all going again, rebooted, installed the solus PHP script thing, rebooted again and then it refused to boot again....

Either theres a kernel panic, networking isnt starting or something is up with your grub or fstab config. No way to tell without finding what error messages its throwing. You're going to need someone at the DC to hook up an KVM console or have them help you

You should also try submitting a ticket to Solus and see if they can help, they can even install and configure it for a fee Im sure they more about OVH servers
    Last edited by Redinit; 15-04-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Either theres a kernel panic, networking isnt starting or something is up with your grub or fstab config. No way to tell without finding what error messages its throwing. You're going to need someone at the DC to hook up an KVM console or have them help you
    Theres a 'netboot' thing that gives me access to the server when its down (pretty much just found out about it). Broke the last install and so I'm installing again now.

You need to find what problem you are having when it tries to boot. See if there is a console you can reboot the server from so you are not disconnected and can watch it boot. Right now we can just speculate
    Last edited by Redinit; 15-04-2012 at 12:15 PM.

At OVH there is a Netboot option, set it for vKVM and reboot the server.
    You will get a mail with some login credentials. Login set to boot from harddisk and see what error you get on the vKVM.
    Don't forget to check 64bit. Please post a screenshot.

I have done many SolusVM node installs, and they work perfectly fine at OVH.

Quote Originally Posted by Digilife View Post
    At OVH there is a Netboot option, set it for vKVM and reboot the server.
    You will get a mail with some login credentials. Login set to boot from harddisk and see what error you get on the vKVM.
    Don't forget to check 64bit. Please post a screenshot.

I have done many SolusVM node installs, and they work perfectly fine at OVH.
    Trying this now.
    Ok heres the results:
    Last edited by exextatic; 15-04-2012 at 10:02 PM.

I would try rebuilding the image after you install Solus, Make sure CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=Y is set for the kernel

Is the / partition on an LVM?

Also keep a copy of grub config before you install Solus to compare with what it changes to afterwards
    Last edited by Redinit; 16-04-2012 at 01:04 AM.

I would try rebuilding the image after you install Solus, Make sure CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=Y is set for the kernel

Is the / partition on an LVM?

Also keep a copy of grub config before you install Solus to compare with what it changes to afterwards
    How do I set CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2? What do you mean by rebuilding the image?

/ is a partition of the main HDD... FS is ext3.

GRUB config doesn't appear to be changed, but an new initrd appears in /boot